CLAC (an Anti-Capitalist Convergence) publish today a first episode of a series of podcast shaped as interviews name The Whole Orchard. The Whole Orchard aims to share information relating to the abolition of police, prison and the justice system taking on topics such as the jailing of migrants, criminalization of dissent et transformative justice. The first episode introduces the idea behind the project and propose a historical picture of police in colonized Canada and the United States more specifically in so-called « Québec ».
While liberal discourses presents the police violence as a matter of a few rotten apples in the basket, we'd like to propose a critical analysis of the police in itself and the punitive institutions: we don't don't fix a rotten system, we abolish it! Let's take on the Whole Orchard!
If our radical imagination are yours and you'd like to share our content still warm from the oven, any public diffusion or to your members would be greatly appreciated!
- The first episode: HIS-1312 - Introduction and History of the Police
- The second episode: Why Abolish the Police?
- The third episode: Alternatives to the Prison System - Interview with the Termite Collective
- A special episode on: Protesting Safely for MayDay 2021.
- The fourth episode: Abolition of the Prison System - An Interview with Helen Hudson
- The fifth episode: Repression of Dissidence